In Sweden you can fly and take photos or video anywhere where there are no flight restrictions. But you have to apply for a permit before spreading, uploading or sharing the footage.
- When do you have to apply for a permit to share your footage?
- How do you apply for a permit?
Read all about how and when to apply for a permit at Lantmäteriet of Swedens website. Lantmäteriet governs all geographical land information concerning Sweden. Some photos you don’t have to apply for, and some you do.
Distribution of maritime geographical information such as seabed and depth data must be authorized by the Maritime Administration (Sjöfartsverket).
Where are you allowed to fly?
- Don’t fly higher than 120 meters, always within eyesight.
- Safety zones: 1 km from helipads, 5 km from airports (and don’t fly higher than 50 (sometimes 10) meters with in the surounding controll zone) Here is a link to the flight zones in Sweden.
- Don’t fly near military zones, prisons and some nature reserves.
- Mark your drone with name and phone number.
Remember to always try and read up on current laws yourself before flying, things might have changed since I posted this artichles. Happy flighing!
I walked Camino Primitivo with my friend Michaela. We had two weeks to walk 356 kilometers and no e...
Sao Miguel, the green island, has been called the Last Secret of Europe. Not many people that I kno...
Everyone who travel with a drone knows that there are a lot of rules, regulations and laws when it ...
The dream of leaving the every day have too’s and routines, to set of and just wander for miles and...